News

Watzke: Haller’s diagnosis “a turning point in the training camp”

Borussia Dortmund will have to do without new signing Sébastien Haller until further notice. The attacker was diagnosed with a testicular tumor during the training camp. BVB managing director Hans-Joachim Watzke has now spoken about the difficult situation for the player and the entire club.

Borussia Dortmund will leave the training camp in Switzerland on Saturday. The Westphalians are still dismayed after the finding of a testicular tumor in new signing Sébastien Haller, as managing director Hans-Joachim Watzke said in an interview with “sky” revealed.

“So blatant that a player who is in training and suddenly gets the diagnosis of a testicular tumor – I have not experienced that in 18 years,” said the BVB official in an interview with the TV station: “Having the bomb attack we experienced. But the decisive factor is that the boy gets well again, that Sébastien gets well. And we keep our fingers crossed – that’s the most important thing. Everything else is side effects.”

The diagnosis was “already a turning point in the training camp,” emphasized Watzke: “But that’s normal, these are people and not machines.”

“We should wait and see for the next few days”

It is still unclear whether BVB will react personally in attack. “We shouldn’t always take the second step before the first,” warned the 63-year-old: “We should wait and see what the exact diagnosis really is in the next few days. So far there are clear indications, but none yet accurate diagnosis from someone who deduced the whole process. That will certainly be ready early next week and then we’ll think about it.”

Watzke also revealed: “Of course it would be negligent and dishonest not to say that you’re collecting a little more ideas, but definitely not more.”

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button