Bundesliga club RB Leipzig was only partially satisfied with the Saxon government’s decision to allow more spectators.
“The expansion of the capacity from 1000 spectators to a twenty-five percent occupancy is an improvement. However, we are not satisfied given the fact that we in Saxony are currently below the so-called early warning level for the decisive indicator, the occupancy of the hospital beds with the cabinet’s decision,” said RB on Tuesday afternoon.
The state government had previously decided on Tuesday that a capacity utilization of up to 25 percent will be possible for open-air events in the future. Indoor events can have a maximum of 2000 spectators.
Neither in the intensive care nor in the normal wards is there currently a critical load, RB said. With the “TeamSportSachsen” initiative, an extremely coherent step-by-step plan was drawn up and submitted, which, based on the current pandemic situation in Saxony, makes it possible to use the stadium at 50 percent without risk.
According to the previous emergency regulation, a maximum of 1000 guests were allowed in Saxon stadiums. Leipzig’s next home game is on February 11 against 1. FC Köln.