News

Oliver Mintzlaff expects Nkunku to stay

Managing director Oliver Mintzlaff from the Bundesliga soccer club RB Leipzig assumes that top scorer Christopher Nkunku will remain after the summer.

“He will also play with us next season because of course he is a very important player,” said Mintzlaff on Sunday at “Sky90”. When asked, he added: “In football nothing is ever certain, but that’s our plan.”

Nkunku, who still has a contract in Leipzig until 2024, has scored 18 goals in 30 competitive games so far this season and played 13 more. Numerous top international clubs are said to be interested in the 24-year-old offensive player, who came from Paris St. Germain in 2019.

In contrast to previous years, Mintzlaff plans not to give up any top performers in the summer. “Of course, players like Dani Olmo, Nkunku or Andre Silva are very, very important pillars who can and should continue to develop with us,” said Mintzlaff, who assumes “that we will start the coming season with these players”.

With a view to last summer, Mintzlaff at least ruled out departures in the direction of Munich: “We have now done so many deals with FC Bayern and have sold Julian Nagelsmann too little for at least ten million that we certainly won’t meet for a coffee there have to.”

In the previous year, Dayot Upamecano, Marcel Sabitzer and coach Nagelsmann, who is said to have cost around 20 million euros, switched from Saxony to Munich.

.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button