Borussia Mönchengladbach has extended the contract with Torben Müsel until the summer of 2024 and is lending the offensive player to the Belgian first division soccer team KAS Eupen for six months.
“It’s absolutely the right step for him,” said coach Adi Hütter about the 22-year-old, who has only played in two Bundesliga games so far. “He never really got going due to injuries, but has been stable for a few months,” said Hütter.
In addition, Hannes Wolf could leave Borussia in the coming days. When asked about the topic by Hütter at the press conference before the DFB Cup game on Wednesday at Hannover 96 (6:30 p.m. / Sky), sports director Max Eberl reacted briefly.
“It’s possible that something will happen in the next few days,” said Eberl, but didn’t want to say anything about a possible loan or sale: “We’ll see when the time comes.”
Wolf came from RB Leipzig in the summer of 2020 as the dream player of the then coach Marco Rose. The offensive player, who was ultimately committed for almost ten million euros, currently no longer plays a role under Hütter.
Eberl also indicated inquiries, but no offers for Matthias Ginter and Denis Zakaria. Both players’ contracts expire in the summer. Borussia could only generate a fee for the two top performers if they were sold during the winter break.
When asked if there were already concrete offers for the two, Eberl replied: “Nothing real yet.”