News

Formula 1 | Ferrari stars Leclerc and Sainz with declaration of war before Bahrain GP

Formula 1 starts its new season this weekend. The Bahrain Grand Prix is ​​the first real test for the 20 drivers who have 23 races ahead of them this year. Scuderia Ferrari in particular is hoping to finally be able to regain its old strength.

After the test drives in Barcelona and Sakhir were very promising, the two regular drivers Carlos Sainz and Charles Leclerc are starting the 2022 season with great ambitions.

The Monegasse Leclerc, for example, who is starting his fourth season with the traditional Italian racing team, is turning his growing demands in the “sky“-Interview no secret: “I want to win, the whole team wants to win. I’m not signing second place either. Of course, that would be a big improvement compared to last year. But it’s a completely new project right now,” said the 24-year-old, who has celebrated two wins in 80 races in his Formula 1 career so far.

“We’re optimistic because we know how much we’ve worked to get back up front in the races,” said Leclerc before the first race of the year at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday.

Sainz: “Fight for victories again as soon as possible”

His Spanish team-mate Carlos Sainz also wants to finally fight for victories in the new Ferrari F1-75: “I think Ferrari can never be satisfied with second place. Ferrari always has to strive for victory, that’s why we’re here,” said the Madrilenian, who is still waiting for his first victory after 140 Grand Prix starts.

“We want to fight for victories, for the podium and then again for the world championship as quickly as possible. We don’t know exactly where we are at the moment. But of course we want to end up at the top,” said the 27-year-old on “Sky”. -Microphone.

Last season, Leclerc and Sainz finished seventh and fifth respectively in the drivers’ standings. Both pilots now aim to improve significantly in this ranking.

.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button